Monday, February 14, 2011

Prim & Proper


Day 8






Last week I mentioned to one of my coworkers that when somebody asks me "What's up?" I am completely dumbfounded. What do you say to that? I understand the acceptable answer is "not much",(it took some coaching for me to understand that) but that doesn't even make sense, either! I am constantly in the middle of 35 different things at work but I know nobody wants to hear my to-do list, so when they ask I just mumble something incoherent and hope they don't think I'm a snob. Bleh.

Wouldn't you know it, this quirk of mine has turned into the office topic of the week. (It's a very small office) People sit down and discuss appropriate answers, everyone laughs when someone says "what's up" and the speaker then says something ridiculous instead, like "good afternoon, ma'am, how is the weather?" We've been discussing the origin of the phrase and everyone is taking a stab at psycho-analyzing why I can't respond to "what's up?". The general consensus is because I'm very prim and proper. Alright... What it comes down to is that I'm a girl in a cubicle land of men and my sense of humor is my lifeline.

In other news: a hefty dose of caffeinated painkiller kept me up until about 4:00 this morning (thank God Ethan unwittingly woke me up or I would have been hours late for work) and my brain was whirling with awesome crafting ideas that I cannot wait to begin. I got a head start this evening by chopping up the only tablecloth we own. It has a statement clutch in its future. Intrigued? I am!

PS- how much awesomer than usual are these pictures?! We went a couple blocks from home, around the Comerica (formerly Dodge) Theater, and found a little magic our back yard does not possess. Sweet.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment