Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What's that burning smell?

Day 15


These could be photos of me in 7th grade. Tallest girl in my class, still growing. All my shorty short friends are jealous of the fact that my shins ache every day from the bones stretching too quickly for my body to keep up (or whatever it is that causes "growing pains").  Oh yeah, and my clothes are always too short. Without exception. Bony wrists and ankles always begging for the forbidden spotlight.

But alas, these photos were taken yesterday and I am 27 years old and yet my dress has definitely gotten shorter since the last time I wore it. And 3 of my favorite skirts, as well. I blame it on our dumb laundromat dryers- you know the ones, they dry so hot that you have to toss your clothes in hell to cool them off. And I keep forgetting that my clothes are shrinking, so I keep wearing things like this to work and getting- ahem- some unwanted attention.

Looks like I'll have to get a whole new wardrobe once we buy a  house and our own laundering machines. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment