Saturday, March 26, 2011

Can I handle the seasons of my life?


It's incredible how quickly life changes. How in three weeks the things I knew for sure, the things I was looking forward to and planning for could be tossed up in the air, scattered about and left to fall where they may. My Prince lost his job yesterday. Although he didn't see it coming, he was not surprised to be laid off. His company has been quietly losing ground for a year now and it made sense that they had to let people go. It didn't make sense that they let him go, however.

But here we are now. Unsure if any of our former plans will work out. But sure that some new plans will definitely work out, just not sure which ones. I've never held tightly to the delusion that we're in control; I've always been okay with life going its own way, however God moves. But apparently in the last year of having things our way we've gotten very comfortable with it being our way and now this makes me a little nervous, deep down inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment