Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exhaustion

Day four






I love that it looks like my hair matches my skirt, in these photos! And my skirt is plaid!! It would be my absolute greatest dream come true to have plaid hair. I'm trying to talk my honey into painting my car plaid, and I really don't see why it's such a foreign concept. What's the deal with the solid colors, huh? I drive a white company car (very very very gratefully!!!) but I tell people it's white plaid and you just have to look really close to see the plaid. hehehe And they stick their nose right up on it before they realize I'm so full of crap.

My dad was one of those heart-breakingly adorable kids that you always hope your kid turns out like. He could have been a very small bow tie and sweater vest model; Grandma really has some style. One time in elementary school, he told a little girl that he liked her and she told him "You're full of mud." Aww, poor little Dad! What a rude (um, hysterical) thing to say to someone who has a crush on you! Sheesh. How do you say no to a kid in a bow tie?

Of course, don't all little girls revile the little boys who have crushes on them, unless she crushed first? This kid on my bus used to follow me around and proclaim his affection for me very loudly and completely freak me out. So when he showed up at the church carnival hootin' and hollerin' about his love (I grew up in Arkansas, that's how it was done), I spent all of my money on tickets for the jail booth so the carnival sheriff had to babysit him the entire day! He escaped a few times, but I knew some good deputies in the crowd and they put him back where he belonged. Looking back I think that was the first time I figured out how to take control of a miserable situation. Plus, my brothers probably loved hauling this annoying kid back to the holding cell every 20 minutes. ;)

So I guess today you got my mushy side and my boys suck side. Fun, huh? What about you? Any adorable things your honey does for you? Any great childhood crush anecdotes?

Doggone it, my husband has sworn off Mexican food for the known future and I can't stop thinking about Los Dos Molinos. Bummer. Mmm beef green chile enchilada. Oh shoot, I'm going to have to go alone. PB&J for dinner, Sweetheart, see you later!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I haven't gotten over here before, but you're looking quite stylishly fabulous, here. You bamboozled me into coming by with your alpaca story and I'm glad you did! I look forward to your remaining 26.

    ReplyDelete