Saturday, February 19, 2011

Guess what I forgot to do!

You already know what I forgot to do, don't you. I knew it, how embarrassing! That's right, I never posted my 30 for 30 wardrobe. Sheesh. Well, I told you I refuse to make to-do lists at home and sometimes things slip through the cracks, right? Maybe I forgot to tell you that, too.

Anyway...












And that's 30! I had the hardest time coming up with all of them, thus 4 tshirts... Oh well, maybe they'll be fabulous and indispensable? 

This whole fashion thing is a major dilemma for me. I've always loved fashion, but I have a wide variety of tastes and am a horrible shopper (uh, I always buy statement pieces, which makes my wardrobe really loud and difficult to match), plus the styles that I really really like and most often see on blogs would be a total waste of time for me to invest in because I spend around 40-60 hours a week looking professional and the other hours sleeping or watching Psych. So as much as I would die to wear a loose menswear blouse, red cigarette pants and nude peep toe booties with some wild bib necklace, I would be wearing that to the laundromat with a bunch of holey pajama-clad babydaddies or to church. Either way, no thank you. 

So there's my little whine fest about how much it sucks to have a great job that I love and get paid the big bucks for doing! hehehe Sometimes during business dinners I scope out the stylish waitresses and imaginarily switch places with them for a bit. But just so I can be the one wearing Chuck Taylors and a racerback tank to work, momentarily, not so I can be the one working two jobs and living with my parents. I'm over that. 

It sounds like I just need to pay more attention to professional workplace fashion and less to stay-at-home-Mom/graphic designer/Beverly Hills heiress fashion. Bummer. Cause I haven't come across a lot of bloggers who put in their board room hours and then post their daily outfit on the train ride home. If you know of any blogs like that, please let me know! I will love you forever, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment