Saturday, February 19, 2011

How I spent my summer vacation

In case you've been dying to know what I've been so busy with for the last few days/weeks, taDAA! This is it. (For the most part.) This is also what I wore yesterday, a black lace, beaded dress with pleated cummerbund and black patent heels. And a giant feathered mask and a lot of Mardi Gras beads.

Not my everyday attire, clearly. I've been planning this trade show for the last couple months and three weeks ago our entire plan got destroyed and I had to start over. Then two weeks ago I got my first assignment in my regional position so I was doing Las Vegas work from my Phoenix office, via the ever-challenging conference call method. Oh, and you may recall I was also on vacation in the middle of that period. Things have been a little hectic...just a little. My prince has been getting pretty good at being a house-husband, although I hate to leave all the cooking and dishes up to him, but there's just no other option.

On a completely fabulous note, one of my coworkers actually dressed to kill for this trade show and it made my day!! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get a grown man to wear a costume (or anything closely resembling a costume) in public? Well, it may be difficult in private too, but I've never tried that... I had a picture of both of us, but it won't load properly, so just imagine a dude in all black with a white bow tie, black & white harlequin mask and beads and then try to imagine someone you know willingly wearing that to a business function. Hahahaha it was so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment