Monday, February 21, 2011

Wife Week

Day 11


Today, Monday, Day 11 of the 30 for 30 challenge (which is turning into 30 for 60...) is the commencement of Wife Week. I think it's also President's Day, but our fireworks got wet so this President's Day party was way less awesome than the party of 2005. 

Since you asked, Wife Week is my own personal challenge to do everything all at once. To meet myself coming and going. To burn both ends of the candle (or however that line goes). Most weeks of most months, I am so unbelievably busy with work that when I come home an hour before bedtime I just crash. No cooking, no cleaning, no motivation to hit the laundromat. And so our home falls into disrepair and echoes with the sounds of tummies growling, and we probably don't smell great. But...

Yes, that's right, I bring home the bacon. Not to say my husband is unemployed. He's not. But his job is the polar opposite of mine. He gets off early on Fridays, I come home late on Fridays. He wears jeans and a tshirt, I wear a dress and heels. He probably forgets that he has a job once he gets home, I have panic attacks in the middle of the night because I forgot to send an email to a client. You get it? 

Unfortunately I have now set myself up to sound like somewhat of an idiot for creating this challenge. Oh well, deal. This is one of my less-busy weeks and I have made plans to come home as early as possible every evening and make dinner, bake, clean things, iron, generally maintain things so I don't go out of my mind with the mess and starvation. 

And so far I'm killin' it! Yesterday I made our favorite soup (recipe to follow) and these awesome lemon bars. Tonight I made some pretty fantastic shrimp fried rice and enough fruit salad for an army- or, as he says "enough fruit salad to kill an army". (That's the Romanian translation. I'm not sure if he doesn't understand the correct phrase or if he just likes that one better. Either way- hilarious.) When I came home today and found 1/3 of the lemon bars missing, guess what my prince said? "This should be a lesson to you. Next time, put some garbage in them so they won't taste so good." BAHahahaha ok I'll put some garbage in my next baked goods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment