Sunday, February 6, 2011

One Love

Day One

I was planning on starting the 30 for 30 challenge tomorrow, after all the laundry was done, but this outfit snuck up on me and I just couldn't say no. It may sneak up on me again in exactly 8 days, since it's almost entirely pink and purple and what else does one wear on Valentine's Day?


These flowers were the exact colors I was wearing (minus the yellow). And how alien do the ones on the right look?! I have no clue what they are, but they're coming home with me as soon as I have a place to plant them. Surrounding myself with things and people that are more other-planet-like than myself makes me feel more normal. I know, it's sick. But it's true.
scarf: $10 store in some airport
cardigan: old navy
dress: target
belt: walmart
boots: probably walmart also
sunglasses: prescription DKNY

We don't live close to a Walmart, so we don't shop at Walmart and I'm never even in a Walmart unless I'm out of town and someone else needs to go, so it's really weird that my outfit had two Walmart items in it. They must be soooo old.

Today was an awesome day to live in Phoenix. It was so beautiful. After church, Sam and I had brunch at Switch (we wanted Thai, but nothing seems to be open on Sunday afternoon) and sat outside next to a group of elderly folks who thought it was far too cold but refused to sit inside because it was far too noisy. The gentlemen were wearing tweed jackets and bow ties and the ladies all had on lovely silk scarves and dresses. Must have been some kind of well-dressed club, or something. I sort of felt like I was wearing a Snuggie, in comparison... Which reminds me, I should have included a Snuggie in my 30 items. Doggone it. Snuggies go with everything!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely dress....and love the belted sweater...your weather looks gorgeous compared to snowy Michigan, lol.

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Check out my 30x30 Remix….Let’s do this!♥

    ReplyDelete